Did you know: There are 23 certification classifications, each with its own exam?
In Maryland, water/wastewater operators are required to be certified, which means meeting both educational and experience requirements.
- Upon hire, Operator certification candidates receive a temporary certification. They are required to pass a State-validated examination demonstrating an applicable grasp of technical information in order to earn their full operator certification.
In the Maryland Region, water and wastewater operators must be state certified plus meet educational and experiential requirements.
Additional Certification Resources:
- Maryland certification guide
- Water and Waste Operators Association certification information
- Maryland Department. of the Environment Operator Training & Exam
- Maryland Board of Waterworks and Waste System Operators
- Water Treatment Plant Operation